Membership Engagement Officer
- Not-for-profit, member based health organisation located in Sydney
- Part-time (22.5 to 30 hours per week), 6 month fixed term contract, location flexible (ASHM's main office is in Sydney, but remote work is possible)
- Membership engagement, communications and campaigns
The Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine (ASHM) is a professional, not-for-profit, member based organisation. It supports its members, sector partners and collaborators to generate knowledge and action in clinical management and research, education, policy and advocacy in Australasia and internationally.
ASHM is looking for a creative, self-motivated strategist - a marketing generalist who can generate creative ways to engage our diverse membership. This is a new role, where you will be developing and implementing a membership engagement strategy for ASHM, with broad scope to try out marketing and other engagement ideas.
Our membership is a mix of GPs, nurses, specialists, community and other health workers engaged in HIV, viral hepatitis and sexual health. An understanding of these issues is helpful, but we are interested in anyone with a membership engagement background who can bring new ideas to the table for connecting with our members around ASHM's programs, services and resources.
With your well-developed marketing skills and demonstrated experience engaging audiences through strategic campaigns, you will be confident in a range of tasks, including market research, event management and high-level stakeholder engagement. Working in a team environment, you will have excellent time management skills, communication skills and attention to detail.
Candidates must have a tertiary qualification in communications or marketing OR equivalent work experience and at least two years' work experience in a similar role.
About the role
The Membership Engagement Officer reports to the Media & Communications Manager and has responsibility for:
- Developing, delivering and reporting on market research into ASHM's existing and potential membership
- Developing, delivering and reporting on a membership engagement strategy using market research insights, in accordance with ASHM's organisational strategy
- Engaging in marketing activities to identify new members and increase engagement with ASHM membership services by existing members
- Organising and managing membership engagement events
- Identifying opportunities for increased member engagement
ASHM provides a flexible and supportive working environment. Key benefits include time off in lieu, flexible working hours, ability to work from home, leave loading, 10% superannuation and access to non-taxable fringe benefit salary packaging options.
Applications close 10.00pm on Tuesday, 20 August 2019.
Please note ASHM will review applications as they are received, so please apply as soon as possible.
If you are successful in gaining an interview, a presentation task will be assigned as part of the interview process.