Human Resources Officer
- Generalist, operational human resources role
- Part-time (flexible 22.5 hours per week), permanent position
- Not-for-profit, member-based organisation located in the Sydney CBD
The Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine (ASHM) is a professional, not-for-profit, member based organisation. It supports its members, sector partners and collaborators to generate knowledge and action in clinical management and research, education, policy and advocacy in Australasia and internationally.
The Human Resources Officer has a broad range of responsibilities, including:
- Co-ordinating all recruitment, onboarding and offboarding processes
- Providing timely support and advice on HR matters to Managers and staff
- Updating HR spreadsheets, procedures, processes and templates
- Preparing staff changes and liaising with payroll and service desk
- Managing consultant service agreements, temporaries, interns & volunteers
- Contributing to ad-hoc human resources projects
ASHM is seeking a Human Resources Officer, with at least a few years' work experience to work with the HR & Administration Manager. You will enjoy a hands-on and busy role, managing and prioritising your workload. You will be confident in dealing with all levels of staff and have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be highly organised, have a high attention to detail, great customer service skills and be solutions-focussed. With your up-to-date knowledge and understanding of HR legislation, policies and procedures and best practice, you will contribute to the continuous improvement of the human resources function.
ASHM provides a child-safe environment in all its programs and activities.
ASHM provides a very flexible and supportive working environment. Key benefits include time off in lieu, working from home, leave loading, 10% superannuation and access to non-taxable fringe benefit salary packaging options.
Applications close at 10pm on Sunday, 4 July 2021. Please note ASHM will review and progress applications as they are received, so please apply as soon as possible.
Applications are especially welcomed by people who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
If you have any initial questions, please contact Rebecca Sutherland, HR & Administration Manager on 0400 081 246.